I make at least a couple of batches of this Flapjack Recipes every week and it has to be one of the simplest but tastiest recipes for Flapjack I know. We often come back from training and need a quick energy boost, and this tasty flapjack just seems to hit the spot. We also have it for breakfast most days, getting the benefit of the slow energy release of the oats. Give this tasty Flapjack Recipe a whirl – you won’t be disappointed.
Flapjack Recipe Ingredients
- 250gsm of unsalted butter.
- 200gsm of honey.
- 200gsm of brown sugar.
- 500gsm of oats (the cheap ones seem to work better).
Flapjack Cooking Instructions
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Slice the block of butter into 5-6 pieces and add to a sauce pan.
- Add the sugar and honey and melt over a medium heat.
- When the butter has fully melted, take off the heat and add the oats.
- Stir until there are no dry oats left.
- Transfer to a baking tray – I use grease proof paper on top of the tray to make it easier to remove.
- Spread the mixture evenly, to about 15mm depth.
- Pop in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes )depending on how well done you like it).
- Leave to cool and set for 30 minutes.
- Cut into segments – we get 15 out of a batch like this.
There you go – 25 – 30 minutes cooking time and you have an easy, healthy(ish) snack